Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Blackbird Bakery


















Salted Bay Caramel Chocolate Tartlette
Blackbird Bakery, $3


Most of the days that I make the trip from Seattle to Bainbridge Island have something major in common: sunny, warm weather that begs for a ferry ride and screams for ice cream. When I get to Winslow, the little town where the Seattle ferry docks, I usually head straight to Mora for three scoops of whatever's in season (plus about 20 taste-tests).

So I'd always walked right past the Blackbird Bakery, despite the long lines and rave reviews from every Bainbridge travel guide. Until yesterday, when it was grey and chilly, and I need some solid food to keep all the mochi in my stomach under control.

The bakery was crowded but not unpleasantly so, and the infamously surly service wasn't in evidence. We had a bowl of adequate lentil soup and a big slice of the best spinach quiche I've ever had, then pooled our change (cash or check only!) to take home the last, lonely chocolate tartlette.

Blackbird Bakery
210 Winslow Way East
Bainbridge Island, WA
206/780-1322

2 comments:

Mack said...

You should not be miss the opportunity to go to India, if you have a chance. India is an incredible place to visit.

Rooney said...

While people may have different views still good things should always be appreciated. Yours is a nice blog. Liked it!!!